Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
1/06/2008
Hurricane Holden Turns Two - a Pictorial
My little Hurricane,

You are a force of nature, leaving random messes and gray hairs in your wake. But despite your large personality, nothing has ever been easier than loving you. I never imagined it could be so easy. So easy to get pregnant, stay pregnant, and have you. Love you.

You'll be compared to your older brother for the rest of your life. I'm sorry about that. But know that your worth isn't related to his accomplishments or age. You're Holden. Loving, snuggly, sweet, stubborn, fearless, and social little Holden.

When I was pregnant with your brother, I was afraid to love him and afraid to hope. But with you, there was never a moment when I doubted that I would hold you in my arms and rock you to sleep. I just knew. And I loved you from the moment I knew.

I loved you when you were a flicker and a grainy black and white photo.
I loved you the day before you were born.


I loved you at 4 minutes


4 days


and 4 months.


Pretty early on, I realized you were a goat and we'd have to be careful. That hasn't changed.


At 9 months, when you started climbing and walking, suddenly and fearlessly, I realized we were in trouble.


By your first birthday, you were fiercely independent.


By 18 months I knew that the stubborn streak was hereditary.


Now...


you're two. Still independent, stubborn, fearless, and loving.

and reaching for more of life every day.

Despite the gray hairs and the nervous twitch, I can't wait to see what you do next.

I love you, my snuggle bug, my buddy boo, my hurricane, my Holden.

Happy birthday.

Love,
Mommy

Labels: ,



13 Comments:

Blogger flutter said...

*lip quiver*

Oh love this is so beautiful

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

i love hearing a mama's love. your love. xo

Blogger joker the lurcher said...
Blogger ExPatSW said...

I can't believe he's two! Where has the time gone? I was looking at the photos last night from my trip to see y'all just before I left...me holding Hollis, Jan holding him. I love being here but feel like I'm missing so much. (Of course, I'm feeling a bit sentimental right now. I just returned from seeing CG&A off at the airport!) Love all the pics; keep 'em coming!

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

This is so beautiful, Steph. Gorgeous...words, sentiment, photos, boy.

And I could just eat him up, round little boy baby, in that beach photo.

Happy 2nd birthday to him. Happy 2 years of mommying him to you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last picture. Wow.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so beautifully written. And the photos were brilliant.

Good job momma.

Happy Birthday Holden. Here's to adding a few more grey hairs to your momma's head.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so great- my first (and only) is about to turn two, and I can hardly believe how fast it goes. Thanks for expressing it in words and photos for me!

Blogger Ruth Dynamite said...

So beautiful. So sweet.

Happy birthday little guy.

Blogger Emily Suess said...

Aww. Love the name Holden. Does he have a literary namesake?

Blogger Bon said...

love this. hope he reads it someday.

happy birthday, Holden.

Blogger Ashley said...

beautiful...soo soo sweet!

Blogger N. said...

Happy birthday, lil' Holden. Aren't their birthdays our REAL motherdays?

That's a great photo essay.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer