Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
1/04/2008
The Brittany Spears Train Wreck and Other Important Topics
To distract myself from minute analysis of the Iowa primary, I've been trolling for celebrity gossip. What better to amuse me then Brittany Spears' latest dramady? Apparently when K-Fed's bodyguard's showed up to pick up the kids last night, she was drunk or high or something and wouldn't hand over the kidlets. The police were called, an ambulance showed up, and now Brit-Brit is on a mental health hold at the hospital.

But in reading through the TMZ website and looking at the video I realized that these reporters must pretty much follow Brittany around 24/7. While I certainly don't think Brittany will be up for Mother of the Year anytime in this millennium, I really do feel for the poor thing. Watching your life blow up because of drug and/or alcohol abuse must be bad enough without having it happen in a bright, shining spotlight with the entire world watching.

*************
In other news, I have yet another post up on the new site. This time I have adorable photos of Holden at Mt. Trashmore. And no, that name is not a joke. But still, I know you want to adore and coo over my Little H.

Click the button. You know you want to.

Labels: , ,



14 Comments:

Blogger Amie Adams said...

And this story ran ahead of the news from Kenya on CNN this morning. UGH!!

Blogger Suz said...

Watching the video, I felt sick. People taking pictures wouldn't even get out of the way of the ambulance. The ambulance! Sean's little face, still in the middle of so much crazed activity, just made me sad.

Blogger flutter said...

Who would have thought that k-fed would be the normal one? Those poor kids.

Blogger Brillig said...

Ahhh, yes. Thank goodness we can always count on Britney to distract us...

Sigh.

I just wanna rescue the kids. What kind of life can this be for them?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole Brit drama is starting to make me nauseous -- and I've a pretty high tolerance for celebrity train wreckage.

The latest is that Britney was not drunk or stoned. Just crazy. Her people are reporting this like it is a good thing. WTF? It is way easier to get sober, than to get sane!

Blogger Mom101 said...

I'm with Mamma - I tried to get some caucus pundritry on cnn and all I could get was stupid B and her sad, tabloid-worthy disaster of the day. I just feel bad for her at this point. She's a damaged, troubled girl with no guidance and two kids of her own. Greek tragedy kind of stuff.

Blogger Kelly said...

I waffle between feeling sorry for the intrusion and thinking that she practically begs for it: i.e. the no-panties gallivanting.

Whichever it is though, it's still sad. If it was just her, it would be one thing. But two young souls need her love and attention and sanity.

Blogger Keeping It Real said...

I feel sorry for the kids. Brittany (or at least her agents) should've known what she was getting into before she got into show biz. It is too bad that folks (me included) get such enjoyment from her misery. She needs help!

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I'm going to agree with some of your other commenters. I love some Britney trainwreck, but headline news? C'mon. Can't we do better, America?

Blogger NotSoSage said...

I have to admit that I haven't been following this, but I just can't feel anything but sorrow over this whole thing. And I can't help but think that we're all, in some small way, responsible. The paparazzi wouldn't be there if we weren't all slathering for the details. No?

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

I think Sage has it. I can't imagine living in a spotlight like that & we don't help with our love of drama. I'm just as guilty as the next person, but I really do feel sorry for those little boys. My guys are about the same age so, ouch.

Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

I've said it before: for all her money and fame, she doesn't seem to have anything that I'd ever want, or one true friend.

My heart aches for all of them, regardless of who they are, they are humans with emotions that must be overwhelming right now.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want to walk in that poor girl's shoes. Not for all the frapuccinos in the world.

But as pathetic as her life now is, I wonder, how can the world think her turmoil is NEWS? With all the war and politics and actual news happening, I'm a little disappointed with the media.

What a nightmare! While I would die if the world knew of some of my parental failings...wait, I post most of them on my blog...OH! I suppose I am safe...not that many people read it! (hee-hee) But this chick needs some serious help!

I feel bad for those poor kids!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer