Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
1/03/2008
Iowa, Oh How You Disappoint Me
Well, it looks like Barak Obama has won the Democratic primary in Iowa. It isn't all bad news for Edwards though. He beat HRC. Considering the amount of money she's spent in Iowa, that should really shake things up in her campaign.

If you'd like to check out an insider's view of the Iowa caucuses, Leah Klevar, one of the newest MOMocrats for John Edwards has a great post up live blogging the caucuses. Please ignore the post right below hers where I go on and on about how Edwards is going to win the Iowa primary....

Damn. it.

**********

I also have a new post up on Lawyer Mama Dabbles. If you ever wanted to see the inner workings of my freakishly analytical mind, this is your chance. I even show you the chart I made while choosing my new digital SLR camera. And there might be something in there about how size really does matter....

Labels: , ,



7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

*Sigh*.

BUT, but, but: he beat HRC.

I told you that I loved him way back when, didn't I?

Blogger flutter said...

HRC is sliding.

Interesting to watch

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

ah, yes. but Edwards speech was by far the best of the three. his passion came through. there's quite a bit of journey left, girl.

Blogger Gwen said...

Well, you know I'm all joy here, but I won't gloat.

We were at a party on New Year's Eve, talking to some doctors, who absolutely will not under any circumstances ever vote for Edwards because of his past lawyering (a plaintiff's lawyer, no?). I found it so interesting to see what makes people vote for whom, and I mean that sincerely, not in a sarcastic, I-know-everything kind of way.

At this point, I'm pretty much in the "as long as it's not Hilary" camp, too.

I think the Iowa caucuses are kind of awesome, the purely democratic flavor of them,the way you have to be pretty committed to go out and vote in them. I know that if we made voting at the national level any harder at all, even fewer people would turn out, but still, there's a part of me that thinks the way they do it in Iowa is the way adults should do it.

Anyway, I'm sorry that you're disappointed. It's a long road to November, though .....

(and just think! in a year we'll be celebrating the exit of the Puppet and his Evil Master! Yippee!!)

Blogger Kelly said...

I'm sad that Biden and Dodd dropped out. Biden always got my attention, and Dodd is just supremely well-informed and articulate. Between Obama, Hillary and Edwards, I'm fairly firmly in the Edwards camp.

(And oh, good God help us, Huckabee?)

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Kelly - If Huckabee actually gets elected, I'm seriously moving to Canada this time. I said it with GWB last time, but now I really mean it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you still like me if I tell you I don't know who I am voting for yet, but I do know it isn't Edwards?

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer