Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
12/07/2007
Mmmmm....Spam!
I use Gmail for my Lawyer Mama and blog related email. I can usually automatically visually screen out the random, content related ads that appear all over the damn page, but a few just pop out at me.

Whenever I clean out my spam box, I get links to Spam recipes up at the top of the page. Gingered Spam, Spam Quiche, Spam Breakfast Burritos, and Vineyard Spam Salad are all recipes links that have appeared on my Gmail account over the last few days. I can't stand Spam, but now I'm on the hunt for the most unlikely Spam recipe. Hell, the gingered Spam actually sounds yummy. Except for, you know, the whole Spam part.

Occasionally, other ads will catch my eye as well. Then I wonder what the Google Gods are trying to tell me:

Angry, Violent Child?
Trusted behavior modification program can help. Free trial.
www.TheTotalTransformation.com


Conservatives Speak Up
The Silent Majority Now Has A Voice Join Us To Support Progress!
www.citizensforgrowth.org

(I think the software needs a little tweaking....)

NY Eyelid Surgery
Preserving Ethnic Identity Through Cosmetic Surgery. 2 NYC Locations!
www.AsianSurgery.com

Funny-Offensive T Shirts
Buy 2 & Get One Free. Custom Made T Shirts Just for You. Order Today.
www.DeathRowTshirts.com


And my personal favorite:

The Newest Colon Cleanse
What is known. What is unknown. Real cleansing photos. You decide.
blessedherbs.com/colon-cleansing


I'll leave you with this:


(I don't know what's up with the subtitles.)

Labels:



15 Comments:

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

I like emailing you because the dynamic ads always are from law firms seeking surrogate mothers.

Google is one weird trip to The Wall, as was that vignette LMAO. But you know I'm a fan. :)

Julie
Using My Words

Blogger PunditMom said...

God, I love Monty Python (and Spam!). And who knew there were Japanese characters for Spam (at least I think it's Japanese). And you get WAY more interesting things in your spam mailbox than I do!

Blogger DD said...

My spam always has things about some million dollar trust fund I need to sign for and penis enlargement products.

Would you believe there are people out there who have no idea what "Monty Python" is??

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Mmm, colon cleanse. I'm sure they're lining up for that one.

All I get are "increase your d*ck size" spams.

Blogger Emily said...

My favorite add in my gmail is the one for a custom d#ldo. Wonder what in my email makes that come up?

Blogger flutter said...

whaddaya mean EW?!?! I don't like SPAM!!

Blogger Karen Jensen said...

I'll have the spam, eggs, sausage, bacon, and spam. yum.

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

lord, i've missed you.

Blogger ExPatSW said...

I deest spam! And pork and beas! Needless to say, I don't go out to breakfast much here.

In my Spa now: "Become completely happ with the way your breasts look!" and "Enlarge your penis and satisfy your lover like never before!" along with "Mortgage crisis to hit your pocket in 2008"

Well, obviously if I spend all of my money fixing my breasts and enlarging my penis, I will certainly not have enough left to pay my mortgage!

Blogger ExPatSW said...

Sorry! Ignore the misspells. My keyboard is playing up!

Blogger Mayberry said...

I somehow got on the mailing list for the RNC. I take sort of an unreasonable amount of pleasure in marking the messages as spam every time they arrive (hey...why am I still getting them anyway??).

Blogger Nancy said...

I've never thought about colon cleansing that deeply (in terms of what is known and what is unknown.) Actually, I'm not sure I want to.

Blogger moosh in indy. said...

Have you looked at the blessed herbs site? I have.
And OH. MY. GAH.

Blogger Christine said...

have you ever tried spam sushi? seriously it's good in a weird sort of way!

Blogger Jen said...

...and Spam!

Did you notice where his voice breaks on the "and" ?

I love this.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer