Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
11/28/2007
How is Breastfeeding Related to Politics?
Did you hear about the flap in the Blogosphere when Facebook removed photos of women breastfeeding from their site and then banned one woman who continued to post them? How about the recent nationwide breast-in at Applebee's restaurants? How about when Bill Maher compared breastfeeding in public to masturbating in public?

Breastfeeding in public continues to be a hot button subject in our society. Everyone seems to agree that "breast is best," the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Medical Association, the World Health Organization, even our Department of Health and Human Services. But breastfeeding rates in the U.S. are abysmal. Why? Because no one wants to see mothers actually doing it and our government, employers, and fellow citizens aren't willing to give mothers the time and the respect they need to successfully breastfeed.

Read More about YouTube banning the League of Maternal Justice Video at MOMocrats....

***********
Welcome to Day 10 of Wil Wheaton Watch. As part of my possibly futile attempt to get Wil Wheaton to post a comment on my blog, my good bloggy friend Julie has set up a meme to help me! You know someone is a good bloggy friend when they're willing to help you shamelessly stalk a celebrity. Get in on the action and go tell Wil to send me some love. And post about it on your blog. Maybe if enough of us annoy him to death he'll give in and acknowledge my existence. Or take out a restraining order.

Labels: , , , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

I am just not feeling the love.

I'm not feeling the love (or respect) for breastfeeding mothers.

Those YouTube execs are total pervs to call breastfeeding sexual. Apparently the young lady petting her cat (that's a EUPHEMISM) video we accidentally ran across while seeking videos about Senor Don Gato (a children's song) on YouTube is okay, though.

I'm also not feeling the Wil love.

He's ignored my emails, my comments, and my meme.

He's made of stone.

Steph, he's not worthy of you. May I suggest we take Liv's advice and turn our attention to George Clooney?

Julie
Using My Words

Blogger Melissa said...

It's hard to condense my feelings on this subject to a comment space, but suffice it to say I am royally annoyed by the lack of support for breastfeeding. I bf'd both of my guys for 14 mos each. But I'm lucky to live in Austin where such things are more accepted.

I really should get more involved in this.

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I need an education on Wil.

Blogger Violet said...

ok, i love wil wheaton. is there any specific place on his blog to bug him? I'd be more than happy to annoy him enough to get his butt over here and check out and comment on your blog!! LOL

I am with Julie on this....it's not that I don't love Wil....but I don't think he is worthy of THIS much of your time and attention!

Now....Clooney...maybe! :)

However...if it is still bothering you...I could make some phone calls and get this problem handled! (hee-hee)

Blogger Eric Jacobson said...

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer