Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
7/23/2007
Monday Montage - Farm Edition Part I
It's good to be home.

Don't get me wrong, it was nice to see everyone, but now I need a vacation from my vacation. I intend to get one at BlogHer. Now how many people do I owe drinks? Quite a few of you, I'm sure, but even if I don't owe you a drink, just wait until I've had a martini or two and ask. I'm a sucker when I've been drinking.

You'll have to bear with me but I have nearly 300 photos from our trip to Nebraska. I normally edit about half of my photos and it takes a lot longer when you have 150 of them to plow through. I've been editing in chunks, so I'm going to shamelessly use my photos for blog fodder all week while I catch up on all my blog reading.

Speaking of blog reading, do you think y'all could have been a little less prolific last week? You don't even want to know how many unread posts I have in Bloglines right now. There's no way I will catch up before BlogHer, so please forgive me if I don't comment on your old posts.

Before I get to the pictures, I also have to thank my guest bloggers. You ladies were fantastic! Thank you again, Heather, Julie, and Lauren. And, Lauren, if you don't start your own damn blog I'm never taking you shopping again!

And without further fanfare, I give you the Monday Montage Farm Edition - Part I of God knows how many. These photos were all taken at T's Uncle's place in the Platte River Valley on the last day of our trip:

Holden pets a goat, while Hollis tries to figure out how to discreetly scrape the goat poo off of his shoe.


"I'm not sure about this, Mommy."


Standoff at the O.K. Corral.


Holden encounters a goat.


"You can't see me."


"I know you're in there, chickens."


"Chicken! Doodle doo! Doodle doo!"


Photo by Hollis.


Hollis, the Pied Piper of goats.


After a hard day's work, Holden heads back to the homestead and his loyal steed.

Labels: ,



23 Comments:

Blogger flutter said...

OH! Those little shorts and curls and oh man...

Blogger S said...

That last photo? The adorable adorableness! It's blinding!

Blogger Christine said...

cute boys!

Blogger Slackermommy said...

That last photo needs to be blown up and put on your wall. Heck, I'd put it on my wall.

Blogger Chaotic Joy said...

Okay, they are right. The last photo may qualify as one of the cutest things ever. Love.

Blogger Benjamin Loewen said...

Yes, the last photo is gorgeous! Great composition, LM! The one in the clover with the brilliant green is brilliant. I don't know if you saturate your photos or not but I don't mind saying that I do and it makes all the difference. Glad to have you back!!

Blogger Benjamin Loewen said...

Oh, and I just gave you a Rockin' Blogger Girl award. You can pick it up from today's post. I'm surprised you don't have one already...

Blogger Amy W said...

I love the last photo as well!

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Thank you, ladies! The last photo is my favorite and, I think, the only one that wasn't edited at all. I don't usually play with saturation because I'm not very good at it and I usually end up with unnatural looking colors, but I do sharpen, crop, and lighten many photos.

Pink - Thank you! You're a sweetheart. I do have another one but I keep forgetting to put it up on my page....

Blogger Venus said...

yep they are all cute. But love the one with the grass and the last photo. Good job and looks like tons of fun

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Such great photos!

See you in TWO DAYS!

Blogger Katie said...

Those are fabulous photos! Your little guys are so cute!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I like "you can't see me" the best.

Are those ducks Hollis took a picture of? I ask because my one year old is completely obsessed with ducks.

Blogger Jennifer said...

Those really are great photos! I agree with many above...that last photo is amazing. It could win a contest!

Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

LOVE that last photo.

Blogger ewe are here said...

Great pics! You all obviously had a great time!

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Love the standoff picture.

Can't wait to see you!

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The fastest way to my heart is by complimenting my little men!

Emily - They're geese. Hollis really, really wanted to chase the geese but they were mean nasty geese. So he settled for taking a picture. I think he did pretty good!

Mrs. Chicky & OTJ - Yes! See you in TWO DAYS!! Woot!

Blogger Ally said...

These are so cute. They look like they're right out of some "fun on the farm" vacation blurb in a parenting magazine. Gorgeous.

Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

There is nothing - NOTHING - cuter than a baby with a goat.

Blogger Tere said...

Oh my, SO lovely!

Blogger Lauren said...

I think "I not sure about this Mommy" is so cute I can hardly stand it. It's so Hollis - inches away from the terrifying beast but a quick check to make sure its really okay that he's there.

You can still buy me drinks - I am now officially:

http://notexactlyaprincess.blogspot.com

Have fun at BlogHer. Maybe I can go with you next year!

Great pics...
OMG... how we wish we could live on a farm!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer