Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
7/12/2007
Leaving On a Jet Plane...
No wait, that's not right. We're leaving tonight in a car, driving 3 hours to DC in rush hour traffic (better make that 4 hours), staying overnight, flying to Omaha, and then driving 6 hours to the in-laws. So I guess I'm leaving on a car, a jet plane, and a rented SUV. It's just that it's hard to sing that line.

I know, I know. Try to contain your disappointment, but Lawyer Mama will be absent for more than a week. If I survive the almost 26 hours of combined travel (half of it on Friday the 13th) and then the withdrawal from Internet access, I will be back in 10 days.

I can, however, offer you something even better than a consolation prize. I have guest bloggers scheduled for you! You'll have to check back to see who and what and to party in my absence. I just ask that you pick up all your empty beer cans from the lawn and remove the drunk people from the bathrooms before I get home. Oh, and try not to let the cats outside.

***********
Before I leave, I do want to thank The Queen of the Mayhem, not only for letting me trash her castle in her absence, but also for the Rockin' Blogger award she bestowed upon me. You're the best, Queenie!

I have to pass it on to some other Rockin' Bloggers that I know, so here it goes:

CPA Mom - She keeps her main blog private. Damn. it. But you can check out her reviews here and catch her at The Soccer Mom Vote. You'll have to trust me when I tell you she is one rockin' chick. I know she's been tagged with this before, but she deserves two. One for each blog.

Julie at The Ravin' Picture Maven - Julie keeps me thinking and on my toes with her wonderful thinky posts and her Hump Day Hmm's. If you haven't participated in one of her roundtables, you should. It's a great way to exercise your brain. I think Julie's gotten this one before too, but she also deserves two. One for each hand. Why not?

DD at TKO - This lady keeps taking hits and coming back for more. He blog touches on infertility quite a bit and that's a personal subject for me, but her observations on life, love, and the pursuit of baby are amazing. I don't know how she does it, but she makes me laugh through tears on a regular basis. I don't know if she's been named a Rockin' Blogger before but she deserves two anyway. She's just that fabulous.

I also have to say that there isn't a blog in my blog roll that doesn't deserve this. And many more blogs that I've been too lazy to add to my blog roll, but that I read all the time. You're all fabulous but, once again, I'm too damn lazy to put any more links in this post.

********************

Don't forget to go check out Julie's Hump Day Hmm's for the week. They're all up now at her place.

********************


I leave you with this:

We had a loud storm last night. In fact, it was a dark and stormy night. (I've always wanted to legitimately use that line!) We were having a hard time putting the boys to bed, with crashes of thunder that rattled the house. I heard Hollis tell T, "Daddy, the thunder scared me."

T, carrying him to the window, "Well, you go right ahead and scare thunder back. Tell it who's boss."

Hollis crawled up on the window ledge, scrinched up his face, curled his hands like claws, and growled, "ROOOOOOWWWWWWRRRRRRRR!!!" through the window.

"Thunder scared now, Daddy."

Hollis went right to sleep.

You see why I love my men so?



Try not to have too much fun without me.

Labels: , ,



27 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Scare the thunder right back? That is absolutely genius. Wow. Do you mind if the rest of us use that line? Genius.

And good luck with all that travelling. It sounds truly truly scary. I mean, *wonderful*, the start of a wonderful vacation ;-) Have fun!

Blogger Amy W said...

Have a great trip!

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Mimi, I thought it was brilliant too. Please feel free to use it!

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

And ONCE AGAIN I see we lead parallel lives, now I get to even pretend to be you on your blog. The joy! The ecstasy! And hopefully not your agony. ;)

1. In my house there is a common saying, "One for each hand." Patience started it, on her own, while out trick or treating the first time four years ago. So thanks! One for each hand!

2. Oh my stars, we growl at thunder too! LOL! My kids are great growlers; loads of practice.

I'll try to remember to sweep up behind me; you have a great trip!

Blogger S said...

LOL at "ROOOOOOWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR!"

That is just so great!

Have a fabulous trip, LM.

Blogger CPA Mom said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT!! I'm going to have to use that with my kids. Though you know we had the same thunderstorm. When it started thundering, my kids asked what it was and we said "Oh that is just thunder, nothing to worry about" and they were fine with it. Of course, the jets that go overhead each night are louder than that so that may be why.

Have a great trip, thanks for the Rocking Blogger nod and I'll see you on the flip side. 10 days without internet? I'd be INSANE.

Blogger Maddy said...

Hope you have a great time and that it's a darned sight better than our holiday turned out to be! There again if you're foolish enough to visit England you deserve to be rained on.
Cheers

Blogger flutter said...

have a wonderful trip, lady! We'll miss you

Blogger N. said...

Good on T. I'm gonna use that line. If it ever rains again here in our drought striken area.

Your trips sound much like our excursions to the in-laws. Which I think of as 'trips' or 'excursions' because they are NOT anything remotely resembling a 'vacation.'

Yours in bitterness,
Al'ma

Blogger Heather said...

Have fun on your trip!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fabulous. I will use it next time my guy is scared.

I'm gonna miss you! Have a great trip.

Blogger Jennifer said...

Have a great trip!

Blogger DD said...

I'm guessing you don't have any spare time to concoct a hook-up on such short notice? 6 hr drive? Aren't you in Colorado by then?

I'll be happy knowing you think I rock.

Hopefully your two little boys will tell your one big boy that foam corn hats can be just as scary as thunder.

Blogger Paul Champagne said...

Remember when vacations were fun? Now I need a vacation to recover from my vacation. Well try to have fun and see you in a week or two

Blogger painted maypole said...

Scare the thunder? Love it!

Blogger Cristina said...

Awww. That's so cute! I'm going to have to remember that one when Little Guy gets scared of thunder.

Have a great trip!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good trip. Hope the DC traffic isn't horrible during that piece of your travels (it's been pretty good lately, what with summer break and all...).

Blogger Nancy said...

Have a fun time ... be safe.
Take lots of pictures for your "we are back" posting. =)

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Hey, baby, have a great trip. And if you can't have a great trip at least have lots of alcohol. It helps. Trust me.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip, but we'll certainly miss you for sure!

"Thunder scared now, Daddy."
So freakin' sweet my teeth are hurting.

Be safe and careful and stuff.

www.tastelikecrazy.com

Blogger weatherchazer said...

Hope you have a safe trip! That much travel has got to be difficult.

Blogger ewe are here said...

I love that he roared right back at the thunder.

Hope you have a great 10 days.

Blogger NotSoSage said...

Happy trails, Lawyer Family!

That is my one good trick for dealing with any of Mme L's fears. We practice her scary growl all the time.

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

have a blast, sister. you will be missed in the best possible way.

Wow, 26 hours of travel AND with the kids!! You go Mama. Just pretend it's you and your Hubby flying to the Greek Islands (that trip may have been shorter though.) *wink

Blogger DD said...

aHA! I even acknowledged your nomination originally. Wow. My head really was squarely up my ass, wasn't it?

(thanks again - I say all red faced)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer