I've been inspired by a blog world friend - PunditMom
- to make some resolutions for my birthday. As PunditMom
points out, it's really more appropriate to do this at the beginning of my
year rather than on January 1st. And I loved some of her resolutions so much, that I've made them my own. So, here it goes:
- I resolve to be a kinder person by thinking before I speak. I don't intentionally set out to hurt feelings but sometimes I say exactly what I'm thinking instead of internally censoring myself. And, of course, I tend to do it to people I love.
- I resolve to regularly exercise. I seem to make this resolution every year and I never follow through. This year I'm going to rope a friend into having a regular work out date in the hopes that we will guilt one another into exercising regularly, until it becomes a habit.
- I resolve to leave work at work. I can't tell you how often I find myself thinking about a brief I'm writing or a hearing I have the next day while one of my boys is trying to get my attention. I need to make more of an effort to be *with* my kids when I'm with my kids.
- I resolve to let my husband parent without my commentary or corrections. T is a wonderful dad and truly a co-parent. He carries more than his fair share of child and household duties and he knows what he's doing. But I still find myself saying things like, "Well, if you'd just hold Holden's leg this way, it would be easier to put on his pants." or "Hollis likes the fish sippy cup NOT the flowered one." I'd be super annoyed if T did that to me, so why do I do it to him?
- I resolve to have a date night with my husband every month! We always say we're going to do it, but I can't remember the last non-work related date my husband and I had without the kids. That's it! I'm pre-booking the babysitter now!
Labels: It's All About ME, Random Crap