Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
9/26/2006
Confessions from a Slacker Mom/Wife
1. I sometimes let Holden eat Cheerios off of the floor.

2. On weekend mornings I make T take the kids so I can sleep a little longer. (Thanks, T.)

3. Hollis eats Goldfish crackers on the way to daycare every morning. His babysitter feeds him breakfast.

4. The 1 minute 15 second rule for dropped food is in active play in my home!

5. I have been known to take a day off from work, drop the kids at daycare, and go home and sleep. (Sleep is a big thing with me.)

6. I spend far too much on shoes and purses. (Sorry, T.)

7. Before I had them, I swore my kids would never eat sugar. See Exhibit A:


8. I never cook dinner anymore. (Sorry, T.)

9. Before leaving the house in the morning, I have noticed that one of my children has a dirty diaper, ignored it, taken them to daycare & said "So sorry, M, one of the H's pooped in the car." (Sorry, M.)

10. I hate the Wiggles. Well, except for Captain Feathersword. I have a secret Mom crush on him. There's something about that eye patch....

11. I love my children so much, when I look at them it sometimes hurts to breathe.

Labels:



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's some bright coloured sugar!

;-)

I'm still holding to my promises, but Ry is only 5 months old so I've got a while to break them yet...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm more of a fan of Greg (the yellow Wiggle, the singer). That is, if I were being held at gunpoint and forced to pick a Wiggle...

Bella eats cereal when she gets to daycare, too. The dogs usually take care of anything that's been dropped on the floor, hence no need for a 15 second rule. And when I bought my fourth Coach purse two weekends ago, I thought C. was going to have a coronary. (But it was my birthday weekend!)

Sleep? I work full time and go to law school at night. Sleep is a thing of beauty - rare and fleeting.

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

MMTaM - Just wait! Hee hee.

Peyton - We must be long lost soul mates. My last purse purchase (also 2 weekends ago) was a new Dooney & Bourke, also for my birthday - even though my birthday isn't until the middle of October.... And WOW, your life sounds exhausting! When I was in law school I was constantly in wonder of the evening students who worked full time and had families. I bow at your feet, Oh Great One!

Blogger PunditMom said...

Lawyer Mama, you are a mama after my own heart! Your house sounds much like mine!

Cooking? I have this to say ... we are in the computer system at the Chinese delivery place and we are on a first name basis with the pizza delivery guy.

We especially love our pizza guy --we have learned about each other's children and, as a result, if our pizza gets delivered after 9 p.m., he doesn't ring the doorbell, he knocks softly, so he won't wake up Rachel! :)

Blogger MojoMom said...

Captain Feathersword, now that's a novel Mom Crush nomination. He's all yours :-)

Blogger Kristi said...

Guilty as charged!

Blogger She Her Me said...

awww. I know what you mean about hard to breathe when you look at your children. I feel the same way about my little girl. That never goes away. They become your world!!

Oh! And I getcha on the Wiggles. I like the dude in the yellow shirt. (Greg?) He's cute to me in a dorky sorta way. haha. Captain Feathersword? Really? Wow. :)haha

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer