Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
10/02/2006
Assassination of a President
I know I'm a little behind the news on this post, but my Aunt in the UK (darn it her blog is down!) just reminded me that the new docudrama, Assassination of a President, is set to air next Monday, October 9, 2006, in the United Kingdom. The docudrama depicts the assassination of President Bush by a sniper following an anti-war protest. Of course there has been much hullabaloo about the program and the U.S. conservatives have their panties in a twist. I can't wait to see it. (If Big Brother is reading - No, I am not condoning the assassination of our president. Now go back to your wire taps.) I just want to see if it lives up to all of the controversy. Although I hear the assassin turns out to be a U.S. citizen. That's the only part I find completely unbelievable. I mean, is anyone crazy enough to want Cheney in charge?

Labels:



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, what sane person would want to leave Cheney in charge. So true! :-)

Blogger PunditMom said...

Cheney in charge? Is there possible anything more scary?

Blogger Debbie said...

yiiiiiiikes. also, when/how can those of us on this side of the pond gain access to this show?

????????

Blogger ExPatSW said...

Well, we have a big party planned next Monday night for the viewing! Popcorn, lots of wine, and a room full of American social workers (not exactly Bush's biggest supporters)! Should be a total blast!

As for US viewing, I read that BBC (the producers of the docudrama) have made a deal with New Market films (distributor of The Passion of the Christ)for distribution in the US.

I'm going to try to find someone who can record it for me, S. If so, I'll burn it to DVD with the region coding removed and bring it next month when I come.

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Ooh! That would be FANTASTIC!

Blogger ExPatSW said...

I watched the docudrama tonight and Cheney in charge was horrid. He didn't jump into a war quite as quickly as Bush did after 9/11 but he came damned close. It was well done and all should watch for the US premiere.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer