Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
11/22/2007
Ode to Flutter
Thou still generous bride of pastriness

Thou baker-child with saucepan, sage and thyme

Souffle historian, who canst thus express

A floury tale more sweetly than our rhyme

What leaf-fring'd foodstuffs do you bake

Of deities, or mortals or both,

On Table or the trestles beneath Plate?

What women or gods made these? Your process bold?

What mad pursuit? What struggle to a taste?

Made this yummy sugar-free red velvet cake.


With my sincere apologies to Keats.

Recipe by Flutter. Leaves by Hollis.

Labels: , , ,



13 Comments:

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

flutter leaves her gifts wherever she goes, doesn't she. i love that girl.

happy thanksgiving, sister.

Blogger Bea said...

Red Velvet cake looks yummy. That is all you know, and all you need to know.

(Loved this!)

Blogger Bea said...

ON EARTH.

(I knew I left something out of that line - the rhythm was all off.)

Blogger S said...

So clever, LM!

And I think yours came out well.

Blogger Suz said...

Sugar free! Wow. Truly lovely.

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

And Bub & Pie finished it up nicely! Thanks!

Blogger Alex Elliot said...

That looks pretty good to me! Red velvet is one of my favorite types of cake.

Blogger flutter said...

Oh I couldn't be more proud!!! Nice work on the leaves, Hollis! Did you like the frosting?

It turned out so beautifully!

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

I'm not sure what has impressed me most! Your awesome ode (LOL), the cake, Hollis' leaves, or flutter's recipe!

Julie
Using My Words

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks delish! Happy Turkey Day.

Don't forget to watch Numb3rs tonight. Your boyfriend Wil is guest starring!

Blogger Magpie said...

Wow - divine! And sugar free? Really?

Blogger QT said...

I could go for a slice of that right about now for breakfast....

Blogger Amanda said...

I really ought to try this, sugar free or otherwise, with a name like that it would seem impossible not to be good. And Flutter, well she does sprinkle everything with a special kind of magic.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer