Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
5/29/2007
A, B, C or X, Y, Z?
Edited to add: Folks, I've finally succeeded in goading my brother into breaking in his blog. Stop on over and say "hi," won't you?

Momish tagged me with the A, B, C Meme recently. Because I'm swamped at work, I don't want to disappear from the Blogosphere this week, and I never turn down an invitation to talk about myself, I'm going to pass it on. But I changed it a bit. I'm bad that way.

A - Attached or Single?

Good Lawyer Mama: Married

Bad Lawyer Mama: Not for long if he doesn't start putting the damn toilet seat down!

B - Best Friend?

Good LM: I have several people I would call "best friends." I tend to collect one or two from each stage of my life that I stay in touch with and love dearly.

Bad LM: Only 4 or 5 people have put up with me for longer than a year and I reward them all by calling them best friends.

C - Cake or Pie?

Good LM: Neither.

Bad LM: Both. With whipped cream. And ice cream. And maybe some chocolate sauce. Would you like some too?

D - Drink of Choice?

Good LM: Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper or water

Bad LM: Vodka martini, a little dirty (like me), with 4 olives

E - Essential Items?

Good LM: My PDA, microwave, and OxiClean

Bad LM: Vodka martini, a little dirty, with 4 olives

F - Favorite Color?

Good LM: Red (Good girls can wear red.)

Bad LM: Red (Bad girls wear it better.)

G - Gummie Bears or Worms?

Good LM: Neither. High fructose corn syrup is the devil.*

Bad LM: Both. I like to take different colors and bite the heads and torsos off to create tricolored, mutant gummi animals.

H - Hometown?

Good LM: A mid-sized town in Louisiana.

Bad LM: You're killing me here. Would you like my SSN and my mother's maiden name too? I'm from Louisiana but Virginia is now my home.

I - Indulgence?

Good LM: SLEEP!

Bad LM: SLEEP!

J - January or February?

Good LM: I'm not a big fan of either month, but I'll go with January since Holden was born then.

Bad LM: January because I can always find a vodka martini at a New Years party.

K - Kids?

Good LM: Two of the most adorable little boys that ever lived.

Bad LM: Yes. Can I sell them on EBay?

L - Life is incomplete without?

Good LM: My family

Bad LM: Vodka martini, a little dirty, with 4 olives

M - Marriage Date? July 8, 1995

N - Number of Siblings?

Good LM: 1 younger brother.

Bad LM: 1 younger brother. And maybe if I harass him enough, he'll actually write something on his blog.

O - Oranges or Apples?

Good LM: Oranges

Bad LM: I didn't just compare apples and oranges, did I?

P - Phobias/Fears? Large swarms of ants. 1 ant doesn't bother me. 2 ants make me look again. 3 ants and I get a bit nervous. A trail of ants and I'm completely skeeved out. I have lots of other fears too, but do we really want to get into that?

Q - Favorite Quote?

Good LM: "Be the change you want to see in the world." Mahatma Ghandi

Bad LM: "Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven." John Milton

R - Reason to smile?

Good LM: My children

Bad LM: Vodka martini, a little dirty, with 4 olives

S - Seasons?

Good LM: Autumn, because the leaves are changing, the air is crisp and I can wear sweaters.

Bad LM: Autumn, because I have an excuse to buy chocolate (Halloween) and people give me things for my birthday.

T - Tags?

Good LM: Anyone who would like to share!

Bad LM: I tag Still Learning. Now you have to post something, B! (Insert evil laughter.)

U - Unknown Fact About Me?

Goodness, haven't I barfed enough personal details all over the Internet?

Good LM: I love the smell of chlorine.

Bad LM: I like vodka martinis, a little dirty, with 4 olives. And I'm not an alcoholic.

V - Vegetarian or oppressor of animals?

Good LM: I eat meat, but not veal.

Bad LM: I'm a founding member of People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

W - Worst Habit?

Good LM: Procrastination.

Bad LM: I'm perfect, so bite me.

X - X-rays or ultrasounds?

Good LM: Ultrasounds because they make me think of pregnancy and birth.

Bad LM: This is an odd question. It's not like a choice between chocolate and vanilla. I'm going to refuse to answer.

Y - Your favorite food?

Good LM: Cucumbers

Bad LM: Gumbo. It's fattening, but heavenly.

Z - Zodiac? Libra


* Quote shamelessly stolen from a friend.

Labels: ,



29 Comments:

Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

E - yes. But very, very dry.

Blogger S said...

Hey! I got married on 6/25/95. Only 2 weeks before you...

You're funny, Good LM.
You're funny, Bad LM.

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

i love the bad lawyer mom. in fact, i want to have a martini with her.

Blogger N. said...

Sha-ZAAM! Was this post as much fun to compose as it was to read?

John Milton said "Better to reign in heaven than to serve in hell?" Damn, I thought it came from the original Star Trek episode with Khan.

If you do start the "People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" I will be a card-carrying, dues paying, boozy member.

Blogger DD said...

Trust me. If he leaves the seat down it's b/c he never put it up and sitting in drops of pee is ultimately worse than dealing with a lid in the up position. I just never know what I'm getting so I always look.

And no, the drops of pee are not from my son.

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I love Bad Lawyer Mama. Can I have a vodka martini with a shot of Cosmo, and loads of olives on the side, preferably in muffaletta form?

High fructose corn syrup and red food coloring ARE the devil; this is why I always hide the Twizzlers from the kids.

Blogger Butterflyfish said...

I'm am 100% with Julie here. Long live Bad Lawyer Mama.

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Love the good/bad LM!

WOW! Just when I thought I could not POSSIBLY love you more!

This was awesome! HEEEE-LARIOUS!

BAD LM ROCKS!

PS: You and me BFF! (hee-hee)

I loved the Milton quote....and you CAN NOT sell kids on Ebay....don't ask me how I know! :)

Blogger Mustafa Şenalp said...

ÇOK GÜZEL BİR SİfwpcqyTE.

Blogger PunditMom said...

Libra -- ME TOO! Oh, and I also belong to your version of PETA!

Blogger Gwen said...

Someone get this bad lawyer a dirty martini (with how many olives again?) stat!

Nicely done, LM, nicely done!

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

HBM - Yes! It's not really a martini if it's wet.

SM - Too funny!

Jen - Martinis at BlogHer?

AD - Glad you liked it! You Star Trek freak, you!

DD - I'll keep that in mind....Ewwww.

Julie - Brilliant idea! What could be better than a muffelata on the side?

Butterflyfish - Why thank you!

OTJ - Thanks!

Queenie - Thank you! (We'll have to talk later about that Ebay thing....)


Mustafa - Zofleya hsoiyopkwgwu?

PM - I *knew* you were a fellow Libra!

Gwen - 4 olives! (But I can settle for more.) Thanks!

Blogger MARY G said...

I just tagged you with the BlogRhet meme. Please don't let Bad LM strangle me.

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Mary - I just read it earlier today on BlogRhet & must admit that I'm actually excited about participating. So thanks! You must have gotten Good LM today.

Blogger thailandchani said...

Very funny! I enjoyed every word of it. :)


~Chani

Blogger Christine said...

Libras rock!

This gave me a good laugh, Lawyer mama. This was too funny. Funny, now i am craving a martini. . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your twist on it! Speaking of twists, I'll have a lemon one in my martini!

Bad Lawyer Mama rocks!

P.S. Love the quotes too! Thanks for doing the meme and the hearty laughs!

Blogger Bon said...

okay. i'm embarrassed, but i must ask. WHAT is a dirty martini?

and can i have one with Bad Lawyer Mama?

Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Great blog!! I will be back for more

-0-0-

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Chani, Christine, Bon & Mike - Thanks!

Bon - A dirty martini is one with olive juice in it. You have to really like olives! Dirty martinis at BlogHer?

Now I'm craving a martini too....

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Momish - A twist on a twist! I love it. This was a fun one to do.

Blogger Amy W said...

My brother has a blog as well, but it's really, really weird...

I like this meme!

Blogger CPA Mom said...

ok, I went over and said hello.

I had no idea you liked martinis so much. ever been to the Blue Hippo?

forget ebay - i'm selling mine to the gypsies. or so I tell them once a day.

good thing i didn't point out the ant hill in our back yard on Monday.

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

CPA Mom - Yes, I have been to the Blue Hippo. For dinner and lunch! (Well, I don't have martinis with lunch.)

Ant hill? Na, na, na, na, I'm not listening! (Hands over ears.)

Blogger Cristina said...

I love your take on this meme. I can relate to a lot of the "bad mama" ones!

Blogger Binky said...

I was married on July 10. A wonderful month for a wedding. See, even Bad LM didn't have anything bad to say about it. I guess that's because there are always plenty of martinis at weddings.

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I think I love Bad LM. Cake or pie? Yes please!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh - a regular jekyll and hyde you are, you little scamp! i can see it's going to be lots of fun when we eventually meet ...

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer