Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
2/05/2008
I'm Baaaaack!
I can't say enough nice things about the Queen and her family. Her kids are fantastic. Her husband is perfect, but not annoyingly so. She is gorgeous, funny, and quite the legend in her small town. The Mayhems are all extraverts and made Hollis and me feel welcome right away. Of course, after the shenanigans that happened, The Queen will never believe that I'm an introvert!

I know you're all dying to hear more about Mardi Gras. I need a little time to recover and process all my photos. In the meantime, here's a little teaser....

This is how my first afternoon with The Queen of the Mayhem started off:

Appletinis


Then we headed off to run some "errands."

Heather in Car


The Queen had to convince me she lived in the sticks, so she took me to her local butcher. Where they kindly showed me how they make sausage. It was strangely horrifying and fascinating at the same time.

Sausage Making Small


Then I got a nice tour of the smokehouse.

Smokehouse


Finally, The Queen and I stopped off at the daiquiri bar where we got, um..., sidetracked. Yeah, that's it.

Daquiri Shop1 copy


The Queen was totally trying to blame the fact that she passed out fell asleep on the couch on me. I don't know. Who do you think is the bad influence here?

Daquiri Shop 2


I have more dirt to dish in the future, so stay tuned....

Labels: , , ,



17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm first! I'm first! I've never been first! I'm so glad that you had fun...you look so happy and pretty and wonderful in these shots. Can't wait to hear more. Living vicariously through you allows me to have a desperately needed vacation this week.

Blogger Gwen said...

ooh, i forgot about those daiquiri bars. Yummy!

Blogger Nancy said...

Looks fun to me!

Wait? A sausage fest?

Blogger flutter said...

LMAO...that looks like *so* much fun!

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

Oooh fun! So glad for you!!

Wait...I forgot, not speaking to you out of selfish petty jealousy. ;)

Blogger Violet said...

looks like you had a wonderful time! (I LOVE your photos)
and wow, a daiquiri bar?! I wanna go!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a nice trip. I think you deserved it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Love the picture of the drink - great composition! (is that too geeky to say? oh well)

Blogger MARY G said...

What all your commenters have said already! The drink pic is the utter most.

Blogger NotSoSage said...

Oh, so fun. And the Queen's shirt? I couldn't believe that was it in the first photo. Want. One.

Blogger ewe are here said...

I ADORE daiquiris. sigh

Looks like you had a brilliant time.

Blogger Defiantmuse said...

mmmmm....I can taste the jungle juice already. I'm so jealous, dude.

had to check you out via the Queen......very awesome!

always cool to meet a "pen/blog pal"

cooooolio!

I don't exactly BLAME you for me FALLING ASLEEP.....I blame the boys who bought us a tequila shot in the bar for that!


PS: Mr. Mayhem is TOO annoying! (hee-hee)

I can NOT WAIT until we do it again! TOO MUCH FUN!

Blogger Christine said...

Beautiful pics...and WOW her hair is so smoooooooooooooooooooooooth.

Blogger VDog said...

Oh mah goodness, you are hilarious girl!!

Blogger Paige said...

You know, I don't even know why I bothered reading this post after seeing the pics of appletinis.

An appletini alone lets me know where this post was headed, especially if it was mixed by the Queen.

:-)

P

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer