Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
1/09/2008
My New Toy is Here!
My new toy is here!

It was waiting for me when I got back from D.C. yesterday. I'm still figuring it out, but I took a bunch of test shots. I started out with my boys' toys, moved on to the cats and then, finally, the boys. The cats were far more cooperative than my boys. How sad is that?

I have a few kitty photos below, and you can see the toys on Lawyer Mama Dabbles. I'll post the pics of the boys here and at Dabbles tomorrow.

Sir Hillary's eyes. He did not like the flash.


Sir Hillary checks out the camera. Taken with a flash.
My poor kitty is starting to go gray. I can really see it in this photo.


Pandora in the sun. Taken with natural light.
I kind of like how her white whiskers blend in with the background.

Labels: , ,



13 Comments:

Blogger flutter said...

Your new toy totally ROCKS!! and what beautiful cats...

Blogger Sunshine said...

The day I got my Canon Rebel, I took that sucker out of the box, read no directions and took over 300 pictures. Getting a new photography toy is my crack, I TOTALLY get you, sista!

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

You totally beat me, Sonia. I only took 174. But hey, if it had been the weekend and the boys had been here....

You guys must go look at the toy shots. There's one of a tiny crane that I should have posted here.

Blogger PunditMom said...

OOOOooooo. NICE toy! And cute cats!

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

Wowsa! I do not blame you one iota for being that excited, who wouldn't be!

And cool photos...the first cat one, classic!

Blogger jessabean said...

I remember when I got my new toy. I was like a kid at Christmas...so much fun!

Blogger KC said...

I just got this exact camera a few months ago and absolutely love it. It rocks!

Blogger S said...

oooh, niiiiiiccce.

Blogger N. said...

Are the cats' eyes really that green? Great shots, even if the cats weren't impressed.

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

AD - Hilly's actually look more blueish green in person and I think Pandy's are more of a yellowish green than the shot shows.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to same camera and am still trying to figure out all the things I can do with it. If you find anything (setting, etc.) that you think rock, let me know!!!

Blogger andrea_frets said...

Hooray for new toys and pretty kitties! When I got my new camera last year, I took about 5,000 pictures of my cats and dog. My husband thought it was a bit much but you have to start somewhere!

Blogger ExPatSW said...

OMG! I can't believe how grey (white) Hilly has gotten! Growl at him for me, okay?!

Can't wait to hear how you fare with the 40X. I'll let you know when I buy mine and we'll compare stories!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer