Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
11/03/2007
Friends Don't Let Friends Blog While Drunk
I spent the last two evenings at a continuing legal education conference for c*nstr&ction lawyers, like myself. The CLE's themselves are ok, but we all really go for the happy hours. It's a great chance to drink with attorneys we work with and against all year. Because I work in such a specialized area, everyone knows almost everyone.

Friday night wasn't bad. I had some quiet cocktails in the hotel restaurant, made a few friends, and then moved on to the bar. No serious drunkenness occurred and I retired to my room at the semi-decent hour of 12:30pm.

Saturday night, ummmm.... The former managing partner (and my first mentor) from my firm in D.C. invited me to join her and 8 friends for a small dinner. Conversation and wine flowed easily, we moved to the bar, and then at some point tequila shots happened. I recall dancing, bribing the bartender to stay open later, and stumbling back into my room at 1:00am.

Because I had wireless Internet access and my laptop, I thought it would be a good idea to read a few blogs. And then I thought it would be a fabulous idea to join NaBloPoMo 07. Even though I've written several posts in the last few weeks about backing away a bit from blogging in the name of mental health.

Oy.

The good news is that I didn't have a nasty headache this morning thanks to the 5 gallons of water I drank before passing out. The bad news is that I have another sort of hangover. The kind that lasts for thirty days!

Labels: ,



14 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

If that's what it takes! Glad you decided to join up!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have so much respect for you - in part because you bribed a bartender. Your so fun!

The only way I'm gonna survive the next month is by blogging under the influence. Let's be lushes together, okay?

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

AD - The surprising thing was how little it took to get him to keep serving! LOL! I'll undoubtedly be blogging while drinking this month too. It seems to make me very prolific b/c I have 3 saved draft posts that mysteriously appeared last night. Thank the dear lord I didn't publish them!

Blogger flutter said...

*grins*

I'll be glad to see 30 days of you....

Blogger InTheFastLane said...

welcome to the dark side :)

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

i love it when you're drunk.

Blogger fezahra said...

nice post,, thanks,,

dui attorney

Blogger joker the lurcher said...

i have spent ages trying to find out what the napoblo thingy is with no success. so i will have to ask! can lurchers join?

Blogger QT said...

Drinking and blogging is a-ok in my book!

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Lurchers are completely welcome. It's National Blog Posting Month. Go to nablopomo dot come and sign up. You just have to agree to post every day in the month of November.

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA OMG that explains A LOT!

I'm all WTF, didn't you say you were too busy! But so glad you're here.

I'm such an enabler, but in my defense, I had no idea.

I did wonder at all the exclamation points though LOL.

Julie
Using My Words

Blogger joker the lurcher said...

thank you mrs lawyer mama - i have now registered. i may have to double blog for a couple of days to catch up! i am at the mercy of my secretarial support on account of my paws, and it has to be said a little less red wine would make for more productivity this end too...

Blogger ExPatSW said...

Hmmm, I have learned the hard way that alcohol and computer access don't mix! I came back from a late night at the pub on Wednesday and am now the proud owner of Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition). I guess I no longer have any excuse not to blog!

Blogger Gunfighter said...

Bwahahahahahaha!

I have a blogging while imbibing story... maybe I'll tell it someday.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer