Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
9/11/2006
It Was a Beautiful Day
9/11 was a beautiful, cloudless day, wasn't it?

I was at work when the first plane hit. The conference room TV was on CNN and I remember thinking that it was a horrible accident. Then the second plane hit as we watched. That's when I realized that it wasn't an accident. And when the towers fell I was horrified and scared.

When the Pentagon was hit my panic became more immediate - I had worked at the Pentagon for the Department of the Army while I was in law school. I had friends and former co-workers in that building. T somehow managed to get through to me at work and told me that he was going in to the Navy Yard (he is a Naval Intelligence reservist). I left work and went to a friend's home so I wouldn't be alone. T later told me that he drove past the smoking Pentagon and people were stopped on the side of the interstate, just watching in horror.

I did not yet have children on September 11, 2001. In fact, T and I weren't even considering it yet at that time. But I do remember wondering how we could bring a child into this world - a world where planes fell from the sky. But we got over our fear and then we became determined to live our lives. Less than two years later, we decided we were ready for a baby. Three years after 9/11, on September 16, 2004, my oldest son came into the world screaming. On September 19th, T and I brought him home from the hospital.

It was a beautiful, cloudless day...just like 9/11.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Thanks for visiting my blog the other day.

This post was a good reminder to be grateful for the good things we have in our lives. I read through a few of your previous posts and your kids are adorable. I'm sure having two under two IS a lot of work though. I might be going that route myself because we are trying for our second and our first is only 14 months old.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer