Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
11/08/2007
Filling a Pail

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
- William Bulter Yeats

I'm a product of public schools. I've always insisted that my children would attend public schools. After all, we all have an obligation to make our schools better and that won't happen if involved parents and their children flee to the private schools. I was quite judgmental about the topic and looked down my nose at those who spent a small fortune on sending their kids to one of "those" schools.

Well, then I had children. READ MORE....

The DC Metro Moms and all our sister sites are discussing education today. Stop by to read my introductory post and all the discussions about education throughout the day.

Labels: , , , ,



3 Comments:

I completely understand where you are coming from with this post!

I attended private schools for most of my education...and it is sad to say, that when I started college my parents were RELIEVED as it was a price break for them! (Oh yes...you read that correctly!)

Luckily, we live in an area where the schools are strong (a rarity in this state)....but I still struggle with the feelings that they would get more from a private school!

Blogger Binky said...

That was very interesting reading. We plan to send our daughter to public schools, but we had to move to a different town in order to make option palatable. The community in which we lived previously did not support education in any way, shape or form. Nobody cared, including the parents.

Blogger N. said...

10 weeks into kindergarten and my eldest son has learned to label things as girl or boy. Toys. Attitudes. Behaviour. It is very unnerving.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer