Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
4/10/2007
Interview 2.0
CPA Mom played the interview game too recently. Even though I've already been interviewed once, I figure twice is even better. So once again I give you a completely narcissistic post with questions from CPA Mom:

1) Name all the places you have lived and which was your favorite?

Alexandria, LA
Sacramento, CA
Shreveport, LA
Grand Forks, ND
Orenhoffen, Germany
Bellevue, NE
Coral Gables, FL
Omaha, NE
Fairfax, VA
Falls Church, VA
Chesapeake, VA

Well, that wasn't as many as I thought and, yes, I am a military brat. My favorite was Falls Church. We had the most adorable little house, were in a fantastic school district, and were a short metro ride or drive from D.C. I like the weather in Chesapeake better though!

2) Where/How did you meet your husband and how long after that were you married? Have you been married before?

How many of these stories start with drinking? Isn't it like 75% or something? Anywho, T & I met at a friend's house for an Orange Bowl party on January 1, 1994. T was drunk and amazingly I took his call 3 days later, despite the ass grabbing that occurred at the party. We were engaged 10 months later, and married by July of 1995. Yes, we were obscenely young (22 & 25) and we've been lucky. Many people we know who married around the same time are no longer together. I still love my husband more than life itself. (Cue sappy music.) No, I've never been married before.

3) What skill do you not have and wish you did?

I wish I could write. I mean I can write, but I can't Write. I guess that's both a talent and a skill.

4) What are your hobbies? What do you wish you had more time to do (and perhaps did it much more before you were a mom)?

Reading, scrapbooking, sleeping. Does sleeping count as a hobby? I wish I had more time to do that. I wish I had more time to scrapbook too, but I only started that after Hollis was born.

5) Have you ever met anyone famous? Who would you most like to meet?

Why, yes, I have, but B-list people only. T & I met Dr. Ruth in a hotel in Tobago once. She looks and sounds exactly like she does on TV. She was very sweet and smiled a lot. I've met various politicians who don't know me from a hole in the wall - Orin Hatch and Barney Frank are two that immediately come to mind. There are lots more but, hey, I lived in D.C. Oh and I was at a wedding with Clarence Thomas once. I didn't speak to him because if I can't say something nice, I'm not going to say anything at all.

Let's see, I also went to high school with Leisha Hailey and Eric Strickland. One of my sorority sisters from college has been a sports "reporter" for CBS, FOX, and ESPN and another is a reporter for the D.C. local Fox News. That about covers it.

Labels:



12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Unknown said...

Sleeping definitely counts as a hobby. At least it better, or else I'm hobby-less. Which would be a sad, sad state to be in.

Blogger CPA Mom said...

Lately, I've noticed the meeting stories are less drinking, more internet dating. I met HP on line. American Singles.com.

You can WRITE. I think you are very talented.

Reading, scrapbooking, sleeping. EXACTLY how I would answer that question.

Blogger Amy W said...

I did not know you scrapbooked...and yes, I think sleeping is a hobby.

I also love to scrapbook!

By the way, Mr. Mayhem and I met on the dance floor of the cheesiest bar in town....so it could have been worse! :)

Cute post!

PS: I like the way you write!

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Sleeping is certainly a respectable hobby in my book.

Blogger Gwen said...

Your comment about Clarence Thomas cracked me up. Maybe you should have offered him a can of Coke .....

Blogger Binky said...

If sleeping is a hobby, then I'm an aficionado.

And you can Write. So embrace that fact and run with it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You have lived in a lot of places!! I met my husband in a bar and was engaged six months later!

Those were great questions and great answers too!

Blogger PunditMom said...

Yes to sleeping as a hobby! I just wish I still had some time to scrapbook --- PunditGirl's stop at about age 3! (And BTW, you can WRITE!) :)

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Well, thanks, ladies. I swear I wasn't fishing for compliments. I just know my limitations!

Gwen - Ironically, I snorted my diet coke up my nose when I read your comment!

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I guess comments must be closed on your swimming post, but I could not be restrained.

I am a "swimmer" too... literally and figuratively. This post was so pure and so real. It hit me in the gut. It resonated so completely. You are not alone.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer