Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
3/29/2007
Can I Interview You?
In an interesting twist on the meme, ECR (aka Binky) over at 24/7 was interviewed by the divine Mrs. Chicky and offered to interview others. I thought it sounded like fun and Binky was kind enough to interview moi. So here it goes:

1. What are you wearing?

Nothing exciting here folks, sorry. A sort of dusty lilac pantsuit with a black shell and my favorite black Anne Klein sling back heels. Yeah, I answered these at work but trust me, it doesn't get much more exciting in the evening, much to my husband's dismay.

2. Do you like roller coasters?

Hate them. Passionately hate them. I've never been a huge thrill seeker, but as a teenager I bowed to peer pressure and pretended to like them, all the while absolutely convinced that I was going. to. die. I finally gave up the pretense in college when I snapped on the way up to the top of The Demon at Six Flags in Chicago. By the time we got up to the first big drop I was hitting my boyfriend, repeatedly and screaming "Why did you make me do this?! We're going to die!" at the top of my lungs. Our fellow thrill seekers looked a bit alarmed. Ah, good times.

3. Have you held the title of president in any group?

Nope. I'm not a huge fan of networking, so I'm happy to just go along for the ride. In high school I was captain of my cheerleading squad (this is anonymous, right?), but that's about it for my formal leadership roles. Now, I don't want to hear any mocking comments about my days as a cheerleader. We all have our dirty little secrets.

4. What quality don't you possess that you wish you did?

This one I had to think about for quite awhile, simply because I'm lucky to be completely happy with who I am. Sometimes I wish I were more outgoing, more of a glad hand, but I'm not, so why waste time worrying about it?

OK, so I thought of something later - I wish I were one of those super organized people. You know, the ones who keep everything immaculate and would die for their label maker? One of my dearest friends is like that and I would kill for her energy.

5. If you wrote a memoir of your life to date, what would you title it?

I Can't Think of a Witty Title, So Please Buy This Book?

I haven't done anything particularly remarkable with my life. I'm well educated, I work hard, I volunteer, I love my family, and I live my life. From the outside, I'm completely unremarkable. I like to think, however, that there's a hell of a lot more going on inside that people don't see. I'm introspective, passionate about politics and social issues, and my life time goal is to ensure that the world is a better place because I lived. I don't need or want to change the world, but I don't think I should be complacent with just the status quo. And I want my parents, my husband, and my children to be proud of me.

Can I interview you? If you would like me to interview you, leave me a comment or send me an email and I'll send off some questions.

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger PT-LawMom said...

How have you gotten past your low desire to network in your career? Do you think it's hurt you?

As for super-organized, I think they teach you disorganization in law school. ;) I've worked for probably 12 attorneys in the past 6 years and the only ones I know whose offices aren't cluttered are the ones on their way out... ;) I think the fact that my desk is a bit cluttered is hopefully a sign that I, too, will be a successful lawyer. LOL!

You can interview me if you'd care to.

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I am one of those organized freaks.

Blogger Gunfighter said...

You can interview me if you like... although the answers might bore people.

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Interview questions are on the way!

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Great answers. And I like the title of your book. I'd buy it because you said "please". I love that polite stuff.

And I'll throw modesty out the window completely. Please continue to call me "Divine". I think I'll demand that my kid calls me that from now on.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer