Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
10/07/2007
Lawyer Mama Redecorates
Please let me know if anything in the 3 column layout looks wonky. There was a problem if you were viewing this page in IE, but I think I've fixed it. But please let me know if you still see any formatting problems. Thanks!

Forgive me for not following through on my promised Mother of All Memes post. I know you're just dying from anticipation but I spent the last two days messing with my template. I'm insanely proud of myself for figuring out how to make my old template into a three column template.

Yep, that's my old pink Zoot template. I just changed the color scheme, Photo Shopped a new banner and footer, and redesigned the template from two columns to three columns. Easy peasy.

Baaaaaaaahaaaaaaa!

Clearly, I know just enough html to be dangerous. I love the three column layout though. I feel like I have more room to breathe, stretch my legs out and hog the comforter.

I'm not sure about the blue color scheme though. I kind of liked my pink. Let me know what you think.

Folks, if you're thinking of making a design switch like this, hire someone. Dear lord, PLEASE hire someone! That's 10 hours of my life that I'll never get back....

Labels:



23 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Looks great! And three columns is much better, isn't it?

Blogger Ally said...

I love the three columns. But I miss the pink.

Blogger flutter said...

three columns rules, but I miss the pink, too

Blogger Snoskred said...

If you can do this with blogger, think what you could do with Wordpress.. ;) I've been going through this process myself this week..

This looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of pink in real life, but not necessarily on a website theme. They paint prisons pink to calm the inmates, you know?

Snoskred
www.snoskred.org

Blogger ewe are here said...

I always wondered how you got three columns on blogger... I don't think I'm brave enough to try. Yet.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precisely why I keep to a stock template.

I like the color, but the pink had more pop.

Blogger QT said...

I have to cast my vote for the pink as well - but you do deserve some kudos for even changing it! It is not as easy as one would think - that I have learned the hard way as well.

Blogger Bea said...

Don't let them sway you! I love the blue.

Blogger DD said...

Errr...about those 3 columns...they're kinda wonky. There's three, but I had to scroll down from your home page to find this post.

Also, good for you on nixing the pink. Love the blue. It reminds me of the ocean.

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

dude, can i hire YOU?

i love it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good to me. Nice job!

Blogger Heather said...

Looks great!

I just added a third column too. I am a master HTML copy and paster!

Blogger Cristina said...

Wow, you have talent! I like the blue you chose. Very nice!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done. I did the same thing this weekend, only I moved from blogger to wordpress. I had three cols on blogger and am back down to two on WP but I really want my third column back. Boo.

Oh, and I like the blue but I LOVED the pink. : )

Blogger Nancy said...

It looks great ... now on with that meme!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great, but you have to scroll a bit to the right to get your full page. Templates are such a pain!

Blogger DD said...

Yep. All good now on IE browser!

You is so smart!

Blogger PunditMom said...

I need to learn how to do all this bloggy stuff!

Blogger S said...

I like the blue!

But the third column, the one on the right? I can't see all of it on my screen. I have to scroll right in order to do so.

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Thanks, ladies! I don't think I can do much about having to scroll over a bit. That has to do with the size of the monitor you're using. I can't fit it all on my monitor at work either. Sigh.

I'm still torn about the colors. I may go back to pink for the month of October (breast cancer awareness) & then go to blue!

Blogger ExPatSW said...

I love the new layout, I love the blue, and I have a 21" widescreen monitor...no need to scroll!

Just one thing: I can't believe that you used one of my least favourite British expression....easy-peasy! The only one that's worse (to me) is 'pressie' which sounds completely ridiculous being spoken by a grown man!

Blogger Amy W said...

I really wish mine was in three columns...

Blogger N. said...

For a minute, I thought I was lost. Looks great on an ancient Mac running Safari!

I like pink too. Moreso now that I am the soul girl in the house: its like I've branded any and every thing pink as MINE ALL MINE! Is this true of you - or are you better at sharing?

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer