Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
10/04/2007
It's Like Herding Cats
Hollis first pre-school field trip:

Click to enlarge.

Apparently taking a group photo was like herding cats.*

Hugging a goat.


Check out Hollis's Fadiddle threads. His shirt says "Future Blogger."

T got to see all of this first hand while I sat at home with the puking, pooping, germ machine known as Holden. I've been sick the last few days so the plan was for me to go to work while T got to do the fun stuff with H&H. Unfortunately, Holden puked in the car on the way over there and I had to redirect my car to go pick up the sickie. So I ended up staying at home anyway. With puke and runny poo.

To steal a line from Jessica, "oh the joys"....

**************
Speaking of Jessica, she was kind enough to nominate me for a Perfect Post Award for this post. Thanks, Jess. It meant a lot to me.

**************
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where I once again shamelessly rip off flatter Jess by doing a Mother of All Memes post, acknowledge some other awards, and then shamelessly ask for all of you to help me win something. Oh wait, I'm doing that now. Go over to Sonia's and leave her a comment telling her I sent you! I'm shameless. And I'm shameless for using the word shameless five times in the same paragraph.

After tomorrow I may do Jenny's Get-Yer-Ass-Naked Meme if you people keeping tagging me for memes.** I'm warning you, you really don't want to see me naked!

* This image will self-destruct in a few days. I don't know that the parents of all those kiddos would want images of their little darlings to be my blog fodder.
** You know I secretly love it. I'm just lazy.

Labels: ,



17 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Looks like you may wear the crown and pronounce yourself "Queen of Meme" ... I'll be back to read the Mother Load =)

Blogger InTheFastLane said...

Ah...the school field trip...avoid them at all costs! We have been dealing with puke/poop here too. Not fun.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO buying a Future Blogger onesie for a friend at work (and fellow blogger) who's having a baby early next year. Thanks for mentioning Fadiddle!

Blogger Amy W said...

Love the shirt...

Hope all is well in your house now!

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

love the new look, woman...and sorry i've been so absent lately..ack.

xo

Blogger Amie Adams said...

Oh no! Memes are coming!!!!!

Hope the little man feels better soon.

Blogger Mad said...

Like any mother is going to be afraid to see a naked ass. Bring it on, LM!

Blogger Magpie said...

Herding cats, indeed - perfect description for kidlets.

Blogger Christine said...

i love the phrase herding cats. we use it often around this crazy house.

and i love the new decoration!

Blogger ewe are here said...

Herding cats. heh heh. This is how G and I described trying to round up the dozen (only a dozen, people, and adults at that!) people at our marriage ceremony on the beach for a few pics.

Love the new header.

Blogger S said...

Sorry about the stomach flu, yuck.

These pictures reminded me of when Ben was around H.'s age and was at a petting zoo when someone took a bottle of milk from one piglet, gave it to Ben so he could feed another piglet...and Ben stuck the bottle in his own mouth.

Shudder.

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I can't even imagine wrangling that many young kids together for a photo. I'd rather herd cats. I'm pretty good at that.

Blogger crazymumma said...

I ALWAYS use the phrase herding cats.

Its brilliant.

Hope your Holden is well soon.

Blogger Sarcasta-Mom said...

Your photos are always great. LOVE Hollis's shirt.

The new site design looks fabulous by the way :)

Blogger flutter said...

Hollis is such a doll. Love the new digs!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that shirt!! I think you did a great job herding those cats, BTW. The photos are great.

Blogger Sunshine said...

I use the phrase "herding cats" all the time. It's so apt. So, I TOTALLY get how your field trip went!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer